Specialisation: European Economic Integration and Business
Any firm conducting business in Europe must possess a thorough understanding of European economic integration. The deepening of the internal market together with the common policies of the EU affect the corporate strategies of European business. European monetary union has successfully provided the macroeconomic stability and predictability for longer term business decisions. For these reasons, the Economic Studies Department has launched a specialised programme which focuses on the manifold interactions between business and the EU.
WHY STUDY EUROPEAN ECONOMIC INTEGRATION AND BUSINESS?
- The specialisation combines high level economic analysis of European integration with an understanding of business and corporate strategy.
- Business Case Studies will enable the student to learn how the EU affects companies, and how a company or a sector develops an EU strategy vis-à-vis policymakers.
- Career prospects in the business sector and in the public sector at national, international or European level.
- Bilingual programme: English and French.
- Diploma: Master of Arts in European Economic Studies with the mention 'European Economic Integration and Business'.
The present group of students in this specialisation have provided the following message:
The specialisation is a unique education offering a possibility to explore the intersection between the European Economic Integration and the changing business conditions the integration creates - unobtainable elsewhere. It enables the students to understand how business will react to decisions taken at an institutional level and to predict and effectively influence or challenge the EU policies, therefore spreading the range of their job opportunities both at an institutional and business level.