Master of European Law (LL M)
A specialised programme, European Law and Economic Analysis (ELEA), is offered to a limited number of students of the Legal Studies and Economics Departments.
The College organises an intensive Introductory Course for those students whose prior background in European law might not be sufficient to follow this highly specialised programme.
Why study European law at the College of Europe?
- European law is a multifaceted, rapidly developing, increasingly significant and fascinating area of the law. Having a solid and in-depth knowledge of the subject is beneficial, if not essential, for all lawyers nowadays.
- The programme covers European law in-depth and comprehensively. It establishes a balance between the economic and the constitutional aspects of European law, and emphasises both the increasing complexity of EU law and the context in which it is evolving. The law programme is particularly demanding and requires extensive individual preparation in advance of each class. Students must learn to identify the particular, often complicated, features of a case, the structure of these features, the principles that can be drawn from the judgment or decision, to discuss the merits of such a judgment or decision and to compare it with others. Developing such skills is necessary for a lawyer who wants to specialise in EU law.
- The Faculty: A mix of excellent scholars and eminent practitioners from different countries and legal traditions offer a truly European legal education. The students also are carefully selected and have different legal backgrounds from all over Europe and beyond.
- Bilingualism: Both the English and French languages are used in study and practical work.
- The Diploma: The LLM awarded by the College of Europe has an outstanding reputation. It is valued inter alia by international law firms and European institutions. It offers excellent job opportunities at national, European and international level.
Director of Studies: Inge GOVAERE
Professor: Michal BOBEK
Academic assistants: Marc ABENHAÏM, Sara BENEDI LAHUERTA, Svetlana CHOBANOVA, Ziva NENDL, Julie PROBST, Laurence VAN MULLEM
Secretary: vhauspie [at] coleurop [dot] be (Valérie HAUSPIE)