The scale of research activity at the College of Europe is substantial, involving not only the Academic Departments but also its Development Office. The Development Office is committed to achieving excellence in its research activities and projects, and to ensuring that our research contributes somehow to the evolution and welfare of society.
Our aim is to provide academic leadership in the areas of expertise of the College of Europe and to develop strategic partnerships with academia and industry around the world to advance research, and the impact of that research, in EU affairs.
- ‘Study on the impact of national rules on unilateral conduct that diverge from Article 102 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union’ – European Commission, DG Competition (2011-2012)
- ‘Study on Monitoring the uptake of Green Public Procurement in the EU’ – European Commission, DG Environment (2011)
- SMART: ‘Analysis of e-Inclusion impact resulting from advanced Research & Development based on economic modelling in relation to innovate capacity, capital formation, productivity and empowerment’ – European Commission, DG Information Society and Media (2009-2010)
- Study on ‘Comparative analysis of local GHG inventory tools’ – College of Europe & Institut Veolia Environnement (2009)
- Roads2HyCom Research co-ordination, assessment, deployment and support to hydrogen communities – European Commission, DG Research (2005-2009)
- SMART: ‘Using State-of-the-Art Models and Tools for the Assessment of ICT Impacts and Growth and Competitiveness in a Low-Carbon Economy’ – European Commission, DG INFSO (2006)
- ‘Evaluation Models and Tools for Assessment of Innovation and Sustainable Development at the EU level’ – European Commission, DG Information Society (2006)
- SETI: ‘Sustainable Growth and Employment Creation in the Technical Integration of the EU Economy‘ – European Commission (2001-2004)
- ‘Future perspectives for a Flemish foreign policy towards the new neighbours of the EU’ – Flemish Government (2003-2004)
- ‘Future perspectives for a Flemish foreign policy towards Central and Eastern Europe’ – Flemish Government (2003)
- ICANN: ‘Organisation and Management of Internet: Role, Competence and Membership of ICANN’ – European Commission, DG Information Society (2002)