A three-day course to build effective and memorable communication strategies, plans and activities
20-22 November 2023 / Bruges
This three-day programme was designed to help participants navigate the complex and yet important communications field in an EU related-environment. With a vast variety of interlocutors (the institutions, the Member States, service and contract providers working for the EU, the Regions, the private sector, etc.), communicating within the framework of a European Project and/or on EU Affairs is a challenge as well as an inspiring and highly creative task.
The course combines different learning approaches, on both substance and skills:
- Interactive training sessions examining theoretical and practical aspects of communication;
- Best practices and dos and don’ts in key areas such as strategic communications, social media, campaigns and event management;
- Workshops designed to identify and develop essential practical skills related to the design of communication strategies and action plans.
- A practical exercise, where participants will reflect together and put into practice the theoretical knowledge acquired during the sessions;
- Individual and collective feedback giving participants the opportunity to maximise their personal learning experience.
Why this course?
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Improve, extend and update their knowledge and understanding of how the EU deals with its communication and the specificities of communicating in an EU-related environment;
- Understand the role and importance of communicating and giving visibility to the EU as a global, national and regional actor;
- Develop practical skills for the design and production of communication strategies, plans and activities in the framework of an EU-funded project or programme and/or for entities communicating about/towards the EU;
- Receive best practices analysis on social media, campaigns and event management on EU affairs;
- Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights from high-level trainers and practitioners;
- Strengthen analytical and creative skills through the practical components in the programme;
- Learn in a multicultural environment;
- Extend personal and professional networks;
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course