The College of Europe is proud to announce that it has been awarded with the contract for the Pilot Programme of the European Diplomatic Academy. The contract, managed by the European External Action...
Towards effective Monitoring and Evaluation for EU-funded projects
6-8 June 2022 / Bruges
This specialised and practical training programme introduces the purpose of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and useful practices; providing participants with an in-depth understanding of the main principles and techniques of monitoring and evaluation of EU-funded projects.
The programme includes an overview of the main procedures for effective M&E, as well as its main actors. It provides a broad understanding of M&E processes in relation to the project life cycle. The course largely uses examples from EU external cooperation; however, the emphasis is on understanding concepts and tools that can be applicable in projects from a wide variety of donors and institutions.
The course combines different learning approaches:
- Interactive training sessions introducing the main principles of Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Case studies designed to develop essential skills (based on examples of EU external cooperation projects);
- Practical group and individual practical exercises to consolidate knowledge and encourage discussion;
- Debates and discussions to promote the exchange of experiences with trainers and other participants.
Why this course?
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Improve, extend and update their knowledge and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation principles;
- Understand the role and importance of Monitoring and Evaluation throughout the project cycle;
- Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights from high-level lecturers, with experience in working on EU's development assistance projects;
- Strengthen their analytical skills through practical exercises;
- Know how to leverage key M&E tools, the Logical Framework Approach and Key Performance Indicators, through theory and practice;
- Explore the key principles and challenges of evaluating EU-funded projects and programmes;
- Learn in a multicultural environment;
- Extend their personal and professional networks;
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.