The College of Europe (Bruges campus) is seeking applications for the full-time position of Alumni and Careers Officer (Student Affairs pillar) with starting date of 12 September 2022 at the latest.
We are looking for university graduates, preferably with some familiarity with the College of Europe, with:
- a Master’s degree in a field related to EU studies;
- a very good command of English and French (written and oral);
- excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- an entrepreneurial mindset;
- advanced skills in Microsoft Office programmes, video conferencing applications, etc.;
- a high degree of creativity, resilience and flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends).
Professional experience in the EU and/or academic realm as well as additional language skills (e.g. Dutch) are considered
The Alumni and Careers Officer, in collaboration with the Director of Student Affairs and related offices, will:
- provide support and advice to students regarding all questions related to entering the job market;
- organise trainings and workshops linked to the professionalisation of students;
- facilitate contacts to potential employers and organise job fairs;
- in liaison and close cooperation with the Alumni Association (and regional groups), engage with and foster connections within the College’s alumni community (incl. organisation of events and reunions);
- manage and further develop databases and archives related to the College alumni community;
- be first contact point and provide support for other College services in all matters related to careers and alumni;
- combine the careers and alumni dimensions of the position and translate these synergies into concrete projects and initiatives.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting;
- a work contract under Belgian law, renewable;
- a pleasant, international working environment;
- and a competitive remuneration.
Applications, either in English or French, comprising a letter of motivation and a detailed curriculum vitae, should be addressed to
College of Europe
and submitted via email in one single PDF file at the latest by Monday, 25 July 2022 (12.00 a.m.) to
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview (taking place shortly after the application deadline). Should you require any further information on the content of the position, please contact Mr Pierre Bachelier, Director Student Affairs (email@example.com).
For further information on the contract and remuneration conditions, please contact Ms Isabelle Hillewaere, Director HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.