The Department European Economic Studies is inviting applications for the position of Academic Assistant for the Google Chair on Digital Innovation with a starting date on 4 February 2019, ideally, or soon after.
We are looking for graduates, preferably candidates with College of Europe experience, with:
- Master’s degree in economics and a strong background in industrial economics, competition or regulation
- strong interest in new technologies, digital policy and innovation
- good knowledge of the EU internal market and related policies on new technologies
- very good academic grades, equivalent to an overall average of at least 15/20 at the College of Europe
- very good command of English and French
- ability to work as part of a team
- an interest in teaching and research
- good organisational skills
- assisting the Chair holder, Prof Andrea Renda, in his courses (e.g. preparing materials)
- giving tutorials, assisting in the supervision of MA theses, providing academic advice to students
- carrying out research on digital and regulatory issues within the ECO Department
- organising conferences and meetings
- among others
The College offers:
- an excellent and stimulating academic setting
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration
E-mail applications f.a.o. Prof. Béatrice Dumont, Director of the Department of European Economic Studies, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and the names of two academic referees (with affiliation, and email address) should be submitted by 15 December 2018, to Prof. Eric de Souza (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Job reference: Google Chair Academic Assistant
Should you require any further information on the position of academic assistant, please contact Prof de Souza.