The Department of EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies at the College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium, is seeking applications for the position of Academic Assistant (50%) with a starting date as soon as possible in February 2022.
We are looking for recent graduates, preferably with some familiarity with the College of Europe, and with
- a Master’s degree in EU Studies and/or International Relations with an excellent average grade (at least 15 out of 20, mention ‘very good’),
- a good knowledge of EU institutions and EU external action,
- a very good written and oral command of English and French,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- good organisational skills, and
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends).
- assisting the professors (e.g. organisational back-up, academic advice to students),
- teaching (e.g. giving tutorials),
- working in a team with other Academic Assistants,
- contributing to the Department’s administration (e.g. study trip, guest lectures, conferences, participation in the selection of prospective students),
- conducting research and publishing.
The College offers
- an excellent academic setting,
- a contract under Belgian law, until August 2023, renewable,
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
Applications, either in English or French, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, transcripts and a letter of motivation, should be submitted by e-mail at the latest by 20 January 2022 (at noon 12h00) to
Prof. Dr. Sieglinde Gstöhl
Director, Department of EU International Relations
and Diplomacy Studies
College of Europe
via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview. Should you require any further information on the contents of the position, please contact Ms Dekeyser (email@example.com).
For further information on the remuneration conditions, please contact Ms Hillewaere (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.