We are looking for candidates, preferably with a measure of College of Europe experience, with
- a Master’s degree in EU Studies and/or International Relations and/or related fields with an excellent average grade (at least 15 out of 20, mention ‘very good’),
- a solid knowledge of international affairs, EU institutions and decision-making,
- a demonstrable interest in transatlantic affairs; experience related to transatlantic relations is an asset;
- a very good command of English; a good command of French is an asset,
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- excellent organisational and intercultural skills,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends), and
- at least one year of relevant work experience.
- assisting the Director of the Master of Arts in Transatlantic Affairs programme and professors teaching within the programme (e.g. organisational back-up),
- advising students,
- contributing to the administration of the Master programme (e.g. inter-departmental meetings, coordination with The Fletcher School, organising guest lectures and conferences, participation in the selection of prospective students),
- research and publications.
The College offers
- an excellent academic setting,
- a contract under Belgian law initially until mid-August 2023, renewable,
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
The position may be combined with another part-time position at the College.
Applications (in English), comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, and transcripts, should be submitted by e-mail at the latest by 3 June 2022 to Ms Belinda Deryckere, College of Europe, Dijver 11, BE-8000, Bruges, via e-mail to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview. Should you require any further information on the contents of the position, please contact the MATA Director Michele Chang (firstname.lastname@example.org). For information on the salary and related issues, please contact the Director of Human Resources, Ms Isabelle Hillewaere (email@example.com).
Please note that the personal data provided in your application will only be used to determine your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.