The European General Studies Programme is seeking applications for the position of academic assistant (part-time) with a starting date of 16 August.
We are looking for graduates in Law, Political Science, Sociology, Economics or History, holding an advanced Master's Degree in European Studies, preferably candidates with some familiarity with the College of Europe, with:
- a mention “very good” (15/20)
- a very good command of French and English (oral and written)
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching,
- a commitment, and, if possible, an experience in research and teaching,
- good organisational skills and
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours can include evenings or weekends).
- acting as the link between professors and students,
- teaching (e.g. giving tutorials, providing academic advice to students),
- assisting professors (e.g. organisational back-up, research, compiling reading lists),
- organise guest lectures, conferences etc in cooperation with the rest of the EG team
- and, in addition to the regular tasks, research and academic writing.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting,
- a Belgian contract until August 2023, renewable
- a pleasant, international working environment
Applications comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a motivation letter written in French, and a copy of master transcript and grades, should be submitted BY E-MAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday 12 June 2022 to
Prof. Didier GEORGAKAKIS
Academic Coordinator, European General Studies
College of Europe,
The interviews with the preselected candidates will take place online at the 16th June 2022.
Should you require any further information on the position of academic assistant, please contact the current assistants of the programme (see contact details on European General Studies (Bruges campus) | Coleurope) or Prof. Georgakakis via Annelies Deckmyn (email@example.com). For information on the salary, please contact Ms Isabelle Hillewaere (firstname.lastname@example.org).