The College of Europe is seeking applications for the position of research assistant (50% FTE) for the forthcoming academic year 2023-2024, with a starting date of 1 September 2023. The successful candidate will assist the newly established Chair in Transatlantic Trade and Economy connected with the joint College of Europe-Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy Master of Arts in Transatlantic Affairs (MATA) programme (https://www.coleurope.eu/study/master-arts-transatlantic-affairs-mata) and in cooperation with Microsoft.
We are looking for recent graduates with
- a Master's degree in EU studies, International Relations, political science, law or economics with a very good average grade (at least 15 out of 20),
- a good knowledge of and strong interest in transatlantic relations,
- an excellent command of English (knowledge of French is an asset),
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- an interest in research and developing projects; experience with supervising publications would be considered an asset,
- good organisational skills (e.g., events, conferences),
- strong writing and communication skills,
- preferably some familiarity with the College of Europe,
- preferably some experience in project reporting, and
- a high measure of flexibility.
- assisting the Chairholder in research and teaching (e.g., organisational back-up, compiling reading lists, academic advice to students),
- working together with the team in the MATA programme,
- departmental administration (e.g., guest lectures, conferences, publications, reporting),
- promotion of the Chair’s activities on social media and the College website, and
- research and academic writing.
The College offers
- an excellent academic and professional setting
- a pleasant, international working environment,
- an employment contract under Belgian labour law (renewable),
- a competitive remuneration,
- the possibility to work from home for some duties,
- a comprehensive benefits package including the compulsory holiday pay and an end-of-year bonus, meal vouchers, a transportation allowance, a telework allowance, a hospitalisation insurance, and a complementary pension scheme,
- legal holidays plus 8 days closing during the winter break, and 2 extra public holidays (9th of May and 11th of July)
Applications in English, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation, should be submitted by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) by Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
Should you require any further information on this position, please contact MATA Director Michele Chang (email@example.com).
Should you require any further information on the salary conditions, please contact Ms. Isabelle Hillewaere (Isabelle.firstname.lastname@example.org).
By submitting your application, you consent to have your personal data processed for the purpose of recruitment and the specific position you are applying for. You acknowledge that your data, the data provided by potential referees you provide, as well as data we receive from academic institutions we can contact for verification purposes, will be processed by the College of Europe, the members of the selection committee appointed by the College of Europe related to this recruitment process.
All information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and in line with the current data process regulations.
For more information on how we use the information you have provided and how to exercise your rights, please see our privacy notice for recruitment (https://www.coleurope.eu/privacy).