Le 28 janvier 2022, la Rectrice MOGHERINI rencontre S.E. M. Nabil AMMAR, Ambassadeur de la République tunisienne.
- 10 December : Energy Chairholder Prof. Dr. Dirk BUSCHLE addressed COP 24 and the meeting of EU Directors General for Energy. More information.
- 7 September : High-level roundtable "Quo Vadis Energy Union", Berlin, with SWP. More information.
- 7 May : Visit to the Offshore Windmills on the Thornton Seabank. More information.
- 23 March : Presentation of the White Paper on Good Practices in the fields of Environment and Energy in the European Parliament. More information.
- 13 March : Visit of the students of the Energy Group to the LNG-terminal in Zeebrugge. More information.
- 6 March : after-dinner talk with Mr Guy LENTZ. More information.
- 12 February : after-dinner talk with Michel Derdevet, Secretary-General of Enedis, who adressed the students on the role of electrcity grids in the energy transtion. More information.
- 31 January : the Student Energy Group, with support of the European energy policy Chair, was welcomed for a brainstorming session on the future of the Energy Union at the cabinet of Commissioner Šefčovič.
- 15 December : the Energy Policy Chair launched its new After-Dinner Talks series with Mr Bernd BIERVERT, Deputy Head of the Cabinet of Vice-President ŠEFČOVIČ. Mr Biervert addressed the students before engaging in an exchange with them on two first years of the Energy Union. To find out more about the event : https://www.coleurope.eu/…/launch-energy-chairs-after-dinne…
- 27 October : a group of students of the Veil promotion's Energy Group attended the Eurogas conference "Renewable gas: balancing our energy" in Brussels.
- 31 October : a student delegation attended a breakfast event entitled "Promoting Access to Energy through EU Development Cooperation" organised by the Alumni Energy Group. Under the motto "policy meets practice", the event brought together alumni of the College of Europe as well as the students of the current promotion, and focused on EU's instruments aimed at the promotion of access to energy in developing countries, the Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP), and the practical policy implementation experiences in African countries
- 13-14 July: The College of Europe hosted a seminar on low-carbon energy security in the framework of the of the EU – India Dialogue on Energy Security. The seminar aimed to provide input to the development of the agenda for the EU – India energy security dialogue in the coming years.
Through presentations and discussions, European and Indian experts have, in interaction with policy makers from the Indian government and the European Commission, identified the salient issues for the energy security debate and strategies in the coming years and formulated the problems and questions of common importance and interest to the EU and India and which could be the subjects of a strengthened EU – India energy security dialogue.
- 22-25 May: The Students of the Energy Group represent Belgium at the European Charlemagne Youth Prize 2017 in Aachen. Unanimously selected by the jury of Belgian MEPs for their White Paper « Livre blanc sur les meilleures pratiques environnementales et énergétiques au sein de l’UE », aiming at identifying energetic and environmental good practices to be harmonised at the European level. Their aim is to publish and present this White Paper to European policy-makers. More information
- 5 May: Vienna Forum on European Energy Law, a joint initiative between the Florence School of Regulation, the Energy Community Secretariat and the College of Europe, designed to highlight the most relevant issues currently faced by the European Union and the Energy Community. More information
- 8 April: Workshop on "The evolution of the electricity grid within the energy transition" taught by M. DERDEVET (Secretary General of Enedis). Please find below a link to his latest report.
- 29 March : Guest lecture: "The Outlook for Energy: A View to 2040" by Mr Nikolaas BAECKELMANS, Vice President EU Affairs, ExxonMobil. More information.
- 27 March : Joint networking evening with the CoE Energy Group. More information.
- 3 March : Energy Chair Annual Conference "Rock Solid or Panta Rhei? The Emerging Governance of the Energy Union" More information
- 7 November : Dirk Buschle participated in a Conference in Natolin : "More than just a Corridor: Energy Map of the Western Balkans and the EU Enlargement Process” co-organized by the College of Europe and the Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR). More information.
- 7 November : the Student Energy Group of the College of Europe was invited by Fluxys to visit their LNG terminal in Zeebruges.
- 20 October : the Student Energy Group of the College of Europe went to the European Commission to meet officials working at the DG Energy and talk about the latest developments of the Energy Union. In the afternoon, they went to EFTA secretariat to discuss the role of this organisation in the European energy policy.
- 30 September : Energy Chair conference : "The UK Unplugged: Brexit and the Internal Energy Market". More information.
- 6 September : Dirk Buschle participated in a Workshop on the ‘Implications of Brexit for UK and EU Energy and Climate Policy’ at the University of Cambridge’s Energy Policy Research Group (http://www.eprg.group.cam.ac.uk/).
- 2 September : Dirk Buschle joined the World Energy Council’s Expert Talks at the Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik in Berlin to speak about “EU External Energy Relations – The Neglected Dimension of an Energy Union?”( https://www.swp-berlin.org/)
- 30 June : A group of visitors from the European Parliament's Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE) Secretariat, head of unit and administrators, visited College of Europe and its Bruges Campus. The presentation of the College of Europe and its study programmes was enriched with an informal debate on current work of the European Parliament work in the field of energy, Energy Union and European energy security. More information.
- Professor Dirk Buschle has been appointed European Energy Policy Chair holder of the College of Europe. More information.
- 19 March 2016 : the Student Energy Group of the College of Europe participated in the G3 Energy Summit conference held in London and organised jointly by the UCL, the LSE and the ICL.
- 22 January 2016 : Presentation of the Energy Union Watch Report by Nicolo Sartori followed by a Roundtable "The Energy Union : from birth to maturity". More information.
- 18 January 2016 : The Student Energy Group organized a site-visit in the Zeebruges LNG terminal (Fluxys).
- 10 November 2015 : Conference "The Energy Union in its Neighborhood". More information.
- 17 June 2015: kick-off conference of the College of Europe Alumni Energy Group with a debate on the Energy Union. More information.
- 17 June 2015: site-visit to an energy-intensive industrial site and visit of a nuclear power-plant, in France. More information.
- 07 May 2015: participations of students from the Energy Group to the European Business Summit's panels on energy, organized with the European Economic Studies Department of the College of Europe. More information.
- 24 April 2015: Annual Conference of the European Energy Policy Chair. To see the provisionnal programme and register for the conference, please go to the conference's webpage.
- 17 April 2015: site-visit to a German coal mine, coal powerplant and solar farm. Organized with EURACOAL. More information.
- 24 March 2015: lecture and debate on oil prices, with Pierre SERKINE, energy economist-engineer and analyst at the KIC-InnoEnergy. The slides used by the speaker are available here.
- 23 March 2015: lecture and debate on "Alternative energy routes for Europe", with Rashad Novruz, First Secretary of Mission of Azerbaijan to the European Union and Bahadır Kaleağası, International Coordinator & EU Representative of Turkish Industry and Business Association. More information
- 14 March 2015: participations of students from the Energy Group to the LSE-Energy Society Conference.
- 09 March 2015: site-visit to as oil refinery in Płock, Poland. More information.
- 25 February 2015: site-visit to the DG Energy of the European Commission, with students from the College of Europe and the London School of Economics. More information
- 24 February 2015: keynote lecture on 'Energy Union - Europe's next frontier?' by Prof. Sami ANDOURA, Chairholder of the European Energy Policy Chair of the College of Europe. More information
- 23 February 2015: conference on 'The Southern Caucasus & EU energy security: new opportunies or pipe dream?', by Prof. Christian EGENHOFER and Dr. Konrad ZASZTOWT. More information
- 26 January 2015: Conference by Prof. Christian EGENHOFER, with Polish MFA official Marta BABICZ, ICSD expert Emmet TUOHY on 'European climate policies vs. energy security strategy of the member states: concerns and contradictions'.
- 07 October 2014: Conference by Prof. Frank UMBACH on 'Baltic and the EU energy security at the wake of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict'. Organized by the Department of European Interdisciplinary Studies.
- 05 October 2014: Session on 'European Energy Security and the future - is the current EU foreign energy policy an appropriate answers?', as part of the Conference on "Europe in Crisis: Re-Inventing the Continent".
- 25 June 2014: First high-level roundatable on EU Energy Policy, co-organized with the European Commission's DG Energy. More information
- 25 June 2014: Signature of a Memorandum of Understanding between the European Energy Policy Chair and the European Commission's DG Energy. More information
- 06 June 2014: Study trip to Zeebrugge's Liquified Natural Gas terminal. Presentation on the role of gas and specifically LNG, visits of gas storage facilities (organised with Fluxys).
- 24 April 2014: High Level Policy conference "What Future(s) for EU Energy Governance?", with key note address by Commissioner G.Oettinger More information
- 04 April 2014: Study trip: Energy Tour of the North Rhein-Westphalia, with visits to an opencast mine, a photovaltaic installation, a wind farm (organised by RWE).
- 10 March 2014: Seminar: "A Green Economy is a Strong Economy - Comments on the EU energy and climate policy framework 2030", with key note speech by Birgitta Resvik, Head of Corporate Relations, Fortum, Sweden (organised by the students of the Nordic national day).
- 07 March 2014: Conférence par M. Dominique RISTORI, Directeur Général Energie, Commission européenne, "La politique énergétique européenne dans le contexte mondial" More information
- 05 March 2014: Lecture by Mr Joost VAN ROOST, CEO ExxonMobil Benelux, "The Outlook for Energy: a View to 2040" (organised by the Economics Department) More information
- 28 February 2014: Keynote lecture from Dirk BUSCHLE, Deputy Director General of the Energy Community Treaty on 'Exporting the Internal Market: Lessons from the Energy Community'