On 20 July 2022, the College of Europe closed another successful edition of its summer courses. With more than 220 participants gathering in Bruges and 80 connected online, professionals coming both...
How antitrust shapes the EU Digital Single Market
18-20 July 2022 / Online
The European Commission has set the priority to eliminate barriers that prevent Europe from fully reaping the benefits of the internet and digital technologies. As the Commission itself has stated, online barriers mean citizens miss out on goods and services, internet companies and start-ups have their horizons limited, and businesses and governments see immense foregone benefits in terms of competitiveness and productivity.
The Competition Policy & Digital Markets course serves for participants to understand how competition policy can be an effective tool to further the objective of a Digital Single Market in the European Union, promoting competitive markets, fostering innovation and generally enhancing market efficiency to the benefits of European consumers.
The course combines different learning approaches:
- Interactive training sessions on issues related to the Digital Single Market and competition matters;
- Workshops and case studies which will offer insights on the relation between competition law and the EU Digital Single Market;
- Group and individual practical exercises to consolidate knowledge and encourage discussion;
- Active online debates between trainers and participants;
- A keynote speech.
Why this course?
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Analyse recent competition cases in different areas - e.g. online sales and big data and their practical implications on everyday work;
- Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights on how a relevant national authority can address the competition related issues in Digital Markets;
- Enhance know-how on crucial aspects of the Digital Single Market, including big data and merger control, distribution in the digital age, etc.;
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to learn in a multicultural environment and extend their personal and professional networks;
- Receive a certificate from the College of Europe upon successful completion of the course.