The energy transition and the European Green Deal
11 - 15 July 2022 / Bruges & Brussels, Belgium
About the course
After four successful editions of the two-week executive training course on the “Energy Union”, in 2020 we developed a one-week programme giving participants a thorough understanding of EU energy policies and the European Green Deal.
By the end of the course, participants will have a full understanding of the different aspects to take into consideration when approaching the Green Deal and the EU’s strategies for reducing emissions while maintaining competitiveness, including carbon taxes, promoting renewables, clean mobility, etc. The participants will thus be equipped with the tools to be able to grasp and address the complex challenges ahead.
- Interactive training: theoretical and practical sessions;
- Case studies: designed to present and develop essential skills and discuss current issues;
- Study visit: to learn directly from EU officials.
Active participation is required and networking opportunities are strongly encouraged.
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Update and improve their knowledge and understanding of EU energy policy and the relevant aspects of the European Green Deal;
- Explore the links between energy policy, climate policy, research & innovation strategies, and funding instruments;
- Go on a study visit to Brussels and discuss the challenges and future of EU energy, climate, and related policies with high-level EU officials;
- Learn in a multicultural environment;
- Extend their personal and professional networks;
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.