Towards effective Monitoring and Evaluation for EU-funded projects
5-7 June 2023 / Bruges
This specialised and practical training programme introduces the purpose of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and useful practices; providing participants with an in-depth understanding of the main principles and techniques of monitoring and evaluation of EU-funded projects.
The programme includes an overview of the main procedures for effective M&E, as well as its main actors. It provides a broad understanding of M&E processes in relation to the project life cycle. The course largely uses examples from EU external cooperation; however, the emphasis is on understanding concepts and tools that can be applicable in projects from a wide variety of donors and institutions.
The course combines different learning approaches:
- Interactive training sessions introducing the main principles of Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Case studies designed to develop essential skills (based on examples of EU external cooperation projects);
- Practical group and individual practical exercises to consolidate knowledge and encourage discussion;
- Debates and discussions to promote the exchange of experiences with trainers and other participants.
Why this course?
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Improve, extend and update their knowledge and understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation principles;
- Understand the role and importance of Monitoring and Evaluation throughout the project cycle;
- Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights from high-level lecturers, with experience in working on EU's development assistance projects;
- Strengthen their analytical skills through practical exercises;
- Know how to leverage key M&E tools, the Logical Framework Approach and Key Performance Indicators, through theory and practice;
- Explore the key principles and challenges of evaluating EU-funded projects and programmes;
- Learn in a multicultural environment;
- Extend their personal and professional networks;
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.