The College of Europe (Bruges campus) is seeking applications for the position of Student Welfare Officer (100%), starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for university graduates, preferably with some familiarity with the College of Europe, and with
- a Master’s degree (e.g. in the fields of Social Sciences or Psychology),
- a demonstrable interest and expertise in topics related to mental health and well-being as well as diversity and inclusion,
- experience in supporting, advising and counselling students,
- a very good written and oral command of English and French,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- excellent organisational skills, and
- a high measure of resilience and flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends).
- implementation and monitoring of the Bruges campus’ Code of Conduct as well as the development of related diversity and inclusion policies,
- organisation of trainings for students and staff (e.g. awareness, consent and stress-management workshops),
- advising and counselling students in non-academic matters,
- liaison with other services and the College’s external psychologist,
- advising and supporting the Head of the Student Affairs Office and the Rectorate in all issues relating to student welfare.
The College offers
- an excellent academic and professional setting,
- a contract under Belgian labour law, renewable,
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
Applications, either in English or French, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, transcripts and a letter of motivation (incl. an indication of the earliest possible starting date), should be submitted at the latest by 19 July 2021 to
Federica Mogherini, Rector
College of Europe
via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview. Should you require any further information on the contents of the position, please contact Mr Carsten Gerards, Assistant to the Rector (email@example.com).
For further information on the contract and remuneration conditions, please contact Ms Isabelle Hillewaere, Director HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).