College of Europe and Deloitte cooperation
Deloitte renewed its three-year programme to support the College of Europe as the first partner of the 'European Economic Integration and Business Programme'. Under this cooperation, the College of Europe and Deloitte have the opportunity to exchange knowledge and experience on EU issues.
We jointly organise an annual Bruges European Business Conference , the first one of which took place on 18 March 2010. Also, Deloitte offers an internship to a College of Europe graduate each summer. Deloitte is also actively interacting with the Alumni Association of the College. Several College alumni are working for different Deloitte member firms across Europe.
Deloitte facts and figures
Deloitte is one of the world’s largest professional services firms, and the member firms of the Deloitte network have a global annual revenue of over 20 billion euros. Deloitte’s global strategy is executed locally in over 140 countries. With a worldwide workforce of 165,000 people, the Deloitte member firms deliver services in four professional areas: consulting, audit, tax, and financial advisory services. The Deloitte member firms are present in all twenty-seven EU Member States.
In Belgium, Deloitte has 2,600 employees. The firm’s EU Services practice comprises a multinational team, centred in Brussels – and the European Institutions are one of Deloitte’s most important global clients.
The Public Sector is a very important segment for Deloitte and Deloitte member firms have led many complex government transformation efforts throughout the world, providing a broad portfolio of services and integrated solutions to support virtually all areas of government including health, tax, defence, justice, transport and education.
For more info please go to: www.deloitte.com
Senior Consultant | Public Sector Policy Deloitte Consulting
Tel + 32 2 749 53 58; amalecka [at] deloitte [dot] com
Deloitte services for EU Institutions
Deloitte has an integrated approach towards EU Institutions & Agencies, focused on services in the following areas:
- Strategy and Policy Services: analysis of economic and market developments, feasibility studies of new initiatives, management of EU programmes on behalf of the Commission, and evaluation of policies and programmes; e.g.:
- Baseline measurement and reduction of administrative costs for business stemming from EU legislation
- Evaluation of the impact of Trans-European Transport Networks
- Policy design & evaluation in domains such as: Information Society, Social Affairs, Employment, Research, External Relations, Agriculture, Transport, Energy, Internal Market, Health, Budget, SME policy and Consumer Affairs
- Organisational and Process change: assistance to Financial and Operational Units – improvement of budget execution, reporting frameworks, Human Resources management, organisation design and evaluation of Agencies, e.g.:
- Assessment of public funds spending efficiency and transparency through processes modelling in the areas of grants and procurement management
- Modernisation of Human Resources Management
- Restructuring of administrative support functions
- Risk Management and Internal Controls: operational assessments of organisation risk management and development of action plans that address identified risks; e.g.:
- Risk management reviews and plans for several agencies and DGs
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the internal control system of DG ECFIN
- Financial Audit and verification: review of the cost statements prepared by beneficiaries of Community funds Europe-wide; e.g.:
- Financial and compliance audits on agreements and contracts within the programmes administered by DGs
- Translation of EC funding regulations into ‘operational language’
- Technology Advice and Implementation: IT strategy, design and implementation of IT systems; IT audit, Business Continuity Planning, data management; e.g.:
- Full design and implementation of SAP system for a Community Agency
- Central strategy development for Enterprise Architecture
- Development and introduction of new applications for procurement