Brice Didier (FR) is Academic Assistant at the College of Europe, Transatlantic Affairs Programme, since August 2017.
Brice holds a Master of Arts in EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies from the College of Europe (2016-17, J. M. Keynes Promotion), where he was awarded the Sergio Lopez Perona Memorial Prize for the best thesis on the EU’s relations with the Middle-East. Brice also holds a Master’s degree in Geopolitics from the Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris (Ulm) and Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University (2014-15), and graduated in European and International Affairs from the Institut d’Etudes Politiques - Sciences Po Rennes (2015, F. Cavanna Promotion), where he also obtained a Master's degree in Risk Management (2014-15) and a Bachelor in Public Administration (2010-13).
He previously worked as Studies and Programme Officer in the Department of International Affairs of the Institute for Higher National Defence Studies (IHEDN – Paris, 2016), and was member of the Executive committee of the Open Diplomacy Institute (Paris, 2013-17), first as Deputy Director of the ‘Americas’ programme, then as Deputy Editor-in-Chief. His professional background also includes several traineeships at the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and within its network: as Political attaché to the Diplomatic Chancery of the French Permanent Representation to the OECD (Paris, 2015), as Project Officer for the Conference of the Ambassadors at the Ministry (Paris, 2014), and previously at Business France / Invest in France Agency in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, 2013), and the Alliance Française in the United States (San Francisco, 2012-13).
Fields of interest: Transatlantic Affairs, EU-US-Russia relations, European Neighbourhoods, Middle-East and North Africa, Syrian and Ukrainian conflicts, Refugee crisis, Geopolitics, International Relations theory, International Security, Defence Cooperation, Counter-Terrorism.
“The regionalisation of counter-terrorism strategies in the Sahel: the G5 as a challenge for transatlantic relations”, CEPOB – College of Europe Policy Brief series, #10.18, Bruges, June 2018.
- "European Union and United States approaches towards Egypt: the trap of short-term realism", CEPOB - College of Europe Policy Brief series, #12.17, Bruges, November 2017.
- "The Syrian Conflict and Russia's Search for Regional Hegemony: Implications for the Euro-Atlantic Community", EU Diplomacy Papers, 10/2017, Bruges, October 2017.
- "The Ukraine crisis or the revival of the Grand Chessboard’s geopolitics: Euro-Atlantic response to Russia’s assault", Institut Open Diplomacy, Paris, July 2017.
- " 'Moral Diplomacy' of the Holy See: Multi-Level Diplomacy of a Transnational Actor", Institut Open Diplomacy, Paris, March 2017.
- « Brexit: Gibraltar ou le Rocher de la discorde, vers une remise en cause du statu quo ? », Institut Open Diplomacy, Paris, Septembre 2016.
- « L'Europe face à la crise des réfugiés: l'Union au défi de la solidarité européenne », Institut Open Diplomacy, Paris, Septembre 2016.
- « ‘Faire Grand avec peu’ : la crise syrienne, catalyseur du retour de la Russie sur la scène internationale », Institut Open Diplomacy, Paris, May 2016.