Celia Challet is a Senior Academic Assistant at the College of Europe, Bruges, Department of European Legal Studies and part of the faculty since August 2019. She pursues PhD studies at Ghent University on the topic of judicial review of EU sanctions adopted since 2014 as a response to the crisis in Ukraine.
Celia holds an LL.M in EU Law from the College of Europe (2018-19 Manuel MARÍN promotion), and a Master's degree in European Business Law from the University Paris II Panthéon-Assas.
Main fields of interest: EU external relations, European Neighborhood Policy, EU institutional law.
- Y. MIADZVETSKAYA, C. CHALLET, "Are EU Restrictive Measures Really Targeted, Temporary and Preventive? The case of Belarus", Europe and the World: a law review, 2022 (forthcoming)
- I. GOVAERE, C. CHALLET, "L'extraterritorialité revisitée: entre complexité et perpétuelle évolution", in C. RAPOPORT, A. HERVE (eds.), L'Union européenne et l'extraterritorialité, Presses Universitaires de Rennes, 2022 (forthcoming)
- S. ADAM, C. CHALLET, Z. GULCZYNSKA, P. VAN ELSUWEGE, "Chronique de jurisprudence de l'Union - Les relations extérieures", Cahiers de droit européen, 2022 (forthcoming)
- C. CHALLET, "A Revolution within the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy: EU Sanctions Adopted in Reaction to Russia's Aggression, in "The EU in the wake of Russia's military attack on Ukraine", EU Law Live Weekend Edition n° 92, 2022, pp. 3-10
- C. CHALLET, "Op-Ed: Judgment in Bank Melli Iran: The Court of Justice, Too, is Between a Rock and a Hard Place", EU Law Live, 2022
- C. CHALLET, "Op-Ed: All ends well for the Council: Lack of signature of the statement of reasons for sanctions is not a valid ground for annulment", EU Law Live, 2021
- A. SCHUSTER, C. CHALLET, "Legal action against Frontex over human rights compliance: what should we expect from the case?", TARN Network's blog (Maastricht University), 2021
- C. CHALLET, "The impact of the adjudication of sanctions against Russia before the Court of Justice of the EU" in F. BOSSUYT and P. VAN ELSUWEGE (eds.), Principled Pragmatism in Practice: The EU’s Policy Towards Russia after Crimea, BRILL, 2021, pp. 125-142
- C. CHALLET, P. BACHELIER, "Can Kosovo be considered as a 'third country' in the meaning of EU law? Case note to Spain v. Commission, Maastricht Journal of European and Comparative Law, 2021(3), pp. 390-398.
- C. CHALLET, "Op-Ed: Adoption of the first EU Human Rights Sanctions Regime: What is at Stake", EU Law Live, 2020
- C. CHALLET, "Reflections on Judicial Review of EU Sanctions Following the Crisis in Ukraine by the CJEU", College of Europe Law Research Series, 2020, n°4