Emiliano Alessandri is a Senior External Co-operation Officer with the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) since 2016, a Senior Transatlantic Fellow with the German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMFUS) since 2012, a scholar with the Middle East Institute (MEI) since 2019, and a Research Associate with the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) since 2017. He is also a Scientific Board Member of the NATO Defense College Foundation, Advisory Board Member of the US-Italy Global Affairs Forum and Editorial Board Member of The International Spectator.
He holds a Ph.D (2010) in International History from Cambridge University, and an M.A. (2005) in American Foreign Policy and International Economics from the School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), Johns Hopkins University.
Fields of interests: Transatlantic relations; American foreign policy; European security; Middle East and Mediterranean affairs; Turkey.
Author of numerous essays and articles and frequent commentator on international media.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS (selected)
- Alessandri, Emiliano. “The Rise of China and Transatlantic Strategy.” In Transatlantic Relations Challenges and Resilience, edited by Donald Abelson & Stephen Brooks, 184-202. London and New York: Routledge, 2022.
- Alessandri E., Lesser I., Tastan K., “EU-Turkey Relations: Steering in Stormy Seas”, GMF Policy Brief, 2018
- Alessandri E. and Fisher Onar N., “Re-Anchoring Turkey? Turkey’s Trading State and the North Atlantic Marketplace” in D. Hamilton, A. Unver Noi, S. Altay, Turkey in the North Atlantic Marketplace, Johns Hopkins University, 2018
- 2017 Reviving Multilateral Security Dialogue in the MENA Region, OCP Policy Brief
- 2016 The New EU Global Strategy and What It Means for Morocco, OCP Policy Brief
- 2016 New Forms of Democratic Citizenship in the MENA: An Alternative Approach for the EU and US, GMF Policy Brief
- 2016, Atlantic Multilateralism and Prospects for Pan-Atlantic Institutions: An Historical Perspective, Atlantic Future Project Paper
- 2016 Scenarios for the Eastern Mediterranean, in T. Dokos, ed. The Eastern Mediterranean in 2020, ELIAMEP-Konrad Adenauer Stiftung Policy Paper
- 2015 Forced Convergence? Transatlantic Strategy in the Global Mediterranean, GMF Policy Brief