The College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium, is seeking applications for the position of Academic Assistant (50%) for the joint Master of Arts in Transatlantic Affairs (MATA), offered together with The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy (Tufts University), starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for candidates with
- a Master’s degree in EU Studies and/or International Relations and/or related fields with an excellent average grade (at least 15 out of 20, mention ‘very good’),
- a solid knowledge of international affairs, EU institutions and decision-making,
- a demonstrable interest in transatlantic affairs; experience related to transatlantic relations is an asset,
- a very good command of English; a good command of French is an asset,
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- excellent organisational and intercultural skills,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends), and
- at least one year of relevant work experience.
- assisting the coordinator of the Master of Arts in Transatlantic Affairs programme and professors teaching within the programme (e.g. organisational back-up),
- advising students,
- contributing to the administration of the Master programme (e.g. inter-departmental meetings, coordination with The Fletcher School, organising guest lectures and conferences, participation in the selection of prospective students),
- research and publications.
The College offers
- an excellent academic setting,
- a contract under Belgian law initially until mid-August 2022, renewable,
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
The position may be combined with another part-time position at the College.
Applications (in English), comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, and transcripts, should be submitted by e-mail at the latest by 31 March 2021 to Ms Annelies Deckmyn, College of Europe, Dijver 11, BE-8000, Bruges, via e-mail to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview. Should you require any further information on the contents of the position, please contact the MATA Academic Coordinator, Prof. Dr. Simon SCHUNZ (firstname.lastname@example.org). For information on the salary and related issues, please contact the Director of Human Resources, Ms Isabelle Hillewaere (email@example.com).