The College of Europe, Natolin campus (Warsaw), through its European Neighbourhood Policy Chair (ENP Chair), is seeking applications for the position of one full-time Post-doc Fellow in the framework of the interdisciplinary EU Horizon 2020 project “Envisioning a New Governance Architecture for a Global Europe (ENGAGE)” which is implemented together with 12 other academic institutes in Europe.
We are looking for an early-career scholar with:
- a doctorate, preferably in Political Science, International Relations, or European Studies;
- a demonstrated interest in issues related to EU external action, the EU’s European Neighbourhood Policy, and/or the CFSP and CSDP;
- a proven record of research and academic publications in the field of EU external action towards the EU’s neighborhood, demonstrating an ability to publish international academic publications;
- very good command of English (good knowledge of other languages spoken in the EU’s neighborhood desirable);
- an ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously, to manage collaboration with partners at the other participating institutions, and to participate in international workshops and conferences pertaining to ENGAGE and the work of the ENP Chair;
- a sense of responsibility and initiative, results-orientation, and a sense for continuous improvement;
- good communication and organizational skills;
- ICT skills and the ability to use current IT tools.
Under the supervision of the Chairholder of the ENP Chair, Prof. Tobias SCHUMACHER, the post-holder will be responsible for:
- conducting independent research on parts of the project, in particular, the work package related to “Engaging with the EU’s Neighbourhoods”, leading to high-level publications;
- contributing to the successful implementation of the work package and other tasks related to ENGAGE;
- actively participating in the work of ENGAGE and its international network, incl. taking part in ENGAGE meetings and conferences;
- actively participating in the organization of workshops and conferences in the framework of both ENGAGE and the operations of the ENP Chair;
- active participation in joint projects undertaken in the framework of the ENP Chair;
- contributing to the academic program of the Natolin campus and providing academic support for students undertaking Master Theses;
- contributing to the implementation of the objectives of the ENP Chair, the post-holder will facilitate internal communication, foster co-operation, team spirit, and a harmonious working environment to increase efficiency and academic output.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting and an international working environment,
- a two-year contract (subject to a three months probationary period) under Polish law, renewable,
- an internationally competitive remuneration.
Preferable starting date is early 2022.
Applications in English, comprising a letter of motivation, a detailed curriculum vitae (including a list of publications), and the names of two referees should be submitted by 31 October 2021 via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com