The College of Europe is signatory of the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE), which opens up several funding possibilities.
Amongst others, the Erasmus+ programme offers the opportunity for higher education institutions to send students and staff abroad to study, teach, or train at participating institutions as well as to participate in a traineeship. The European Commission provides an Erasmus+ grant for student and staff exchanges.
Students of the College of Europe, Bruges Campus, can under certain conditions apply for an Erasmus+ grant for traineeships via the Alumni and Careers Office.
Staff employed by the College of Europe, Bruges Campus, can apply for an Erasmus+ grant for staff mobilities for training, e.g. job-shadowing, participating in staff training weeks via the Erasmus+ coordinator. The training must be aimed at the personal development of the participant. Research stays, conferences, congresses are not eligible.
- The Erasmus+ grant consists of two components:
- A travel cost allowance. The grant amount varies according to the destination country and is being calculated using the distance calculator provided by the European Commission.
- A daily allowance / individual expenses. The amount varies according to the living costs in the host country.
- Additional financial support is possible for:
- sustainable travel
- students with a disability and/or special needs - contact the coordinators for more information
- Contact the responsible College staff members to inform you about the procedures and possibilities.
- Students: A student or recent graduate (provided that the application is submitted before graduation) can undertake a traineeship to facilitate their entry into professional life (not all countries maybe possible). You have a min. stay abroad of 2 months.
- Staff: only for staff employed by the College of Europe
- After you have been selected, the following steps are:
- You will receive an
- Erasmus+ learning agreement student mobility for traineeships or a
- Erasmus+ mobility agreement staff mobility for training
- This document needs to be signed by the applicant, the College of Europe and the host institution/university/organisation before departure.
- You will receive a grant agreement, with conditions on the duration of the mobility, the financial support, payment arrangements, etc. This document needs to be signed by the applicant and the College of Europe before departure.
- Students will receive the Erasmus Student Charter explaining the rights and obligations with respect to the traineeship abroad.
- After the College of Europe has received the signed documents, you will receive the first payment consisting of 70% of your Erasmus+ grant (students) and 100% (staff on payroll) before your mobility, as agreed upon in the grant agreement.
- After your traineeship or staff mobility, you need to send the traineeship certificate or certificate of attendance to the College of Europe, where the start and end date of your internship has been confirmed.
- Staff need to follow the expenses procedure and send all original invoices, receipts, proof of payment,... in accordance with the terms of the grant, bundled and with a clear overview and final statement to the Financial Service. Participants will be reimbursed for the actual costs.
- Students will receive the remaining 30% of the Erasmus+ grant only from the moment all necessary documents have been received within 4 weeks after the mobility.
- Students and staff need to fill in the mandatory online EU survey after the mobility.
For more information: