On 23-25 February 2024, a multinational group of 12 students from the Department of EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies successfully represented the College of Europe at the 25th edition...
A programme tailored to your needs!
Full-Immersion: 1-19 July 2024 / Bruges, Brussels
Advanced: 8-19 July 2024 / Bruges
Booster: 8–12 July 2024 / Bruges
About the course
The Intensive Seminar on the European Union is a three-, two- or one-week training programme providing professionals with in-depth knowledge and practical skills on EU decision-making and policies. Participants can choose between three different programmes and tailor the content of the programme, depending on their prior level and experience on EU affairs.
Full-immersion: A three-week programme detailing the institutional framework and the EU’s main internal and external policies for participants who have limited or outdated knowledge of the European Union’s politics and policies.
Advanced: A two-week programme analysing the EU’s internal and external policies for participants that already possess a good knowledge of the EU’s institutional framework but would like to dive deeper into the EU’s different policy areas.
Booster: A one-week programme offering a practical and insightful review of the main legislative priorities of the von der Leyen Commission and the hot topics at the heart of the European politics, with a look at what we can expect from the 2024 European Parliament elections and the new Commission. This programme is aimed at participants who are well acquainted with both the institutional framework and the EU’s general policy area’s but are looking for the latest updates in the field.
The courses combine different learning approaches:
- Dynamic and interactive lectures and training sessions, examining theoretical and practical aspects of EU decision-making and policies;
- Skills-oriented workshops designed to identify and develop essential practical skills;
- Study visits, to exchange with and learn directly from EU officials;
- Keynote speeches from high-level speakers;
- Simulation exercise where participants are confronted with actual conditions and constraints of the decision-making procedures.