The College of Europe, Bruges campus, is looking for a Junior Project Manager (M/F/X) to join its Executive Education, Training & Projects Office in Bruges, Belgium. The Office is the College of Europe’s main link for developing professional training courses, international projects and other professional services for the public and private sectors worldwide.
Examples of current projects implemented by the College of Europe are ERMES III - European Resources for Mediation Support, El-Hiwar – Training and Information Course on Euro-Arab Relations, and the Pilot Programme of the European Diplomatic Academy.
For more information on our activities and projects visit: Training & Projects | Coleurope.
Description of the position:
The Junior Project Manager will be mainly responsible for initiating and managing projects and training services with international partners of the College of Europe. They will work in close cooperation with the rest of the team.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Implementing and coordinating projects and training courses and seminars (onsite in Bruges, Brussels and worldwide, and online);
- Liaising with experts, professors, trainers, participants and partners worldwide;
- Supporting the preparation of tenders and project applications;
- Attending meetings and events (in Belgium, abroad and online);
- Budgeting and reporting.
- Postgraduate degree in European studies, law, economics, political science or international relations;
- A good understanding of the EU, its institutions and policies;
- Between 1 and 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Prior experience in managing projects, preferably EU-funded projects and / or relevant experience in training design and development;
- Experience in building and expanding networks of experts and partners;
- Fluent spoken and written English (candidates not complying with the requested level will not be considered); fluent spoken and written French is considered as an asset; other languages are considered as an asset;
- Full computer literacy;
- Good analytical and organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail;
- Open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude.
An interesting and challenging full-time position in an attractive, multicultural and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to network with partner organisations all over the world and a competitive salary package including benefits.
The position of Junior Project Manager is based in the College of Europe’s office in Bruges (Belgium). Teleworking is possible in agreement with the heads of service (up to two days per week). Regular presence in Brussels to meet partners and clients, organise events and project activities, as well as networking tasks will be encouraged.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page). They should be sent by Sunday 5 February 2023 to the attention of Ms. Saskia Willems, to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Junior Project Manager (EU Affairs)” in the subject line.
Early applications are highly encouraged. As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.