From 25 to 29 March 2018, a multinational team of 14 students from the European Interdisciplinary Studies Department of the Natolin campus of the College of Europe participated in the prestigious New York - National Model United Nations (NY-NMUN) 2018.
The NY-NMUN competition is the largest university-level MUN in the world and involves around 6000 students from more than one hundred universities, schools and other academic institutions. In the context of its ninth consecutive participation, the Natolin campus represented Estonia.
This year's selected students forming the Delegation of Estonia were: Kristina CHELMAKINA, Víctor CORVERA DESCALZO, Diana ENDELADZE, Carsten GERARDS, Nicolas HEGER, Mikkel KELSTRUP, Jakub KUBICA, Agnieszka LALIK, Sheradh MAHAROOF, Kevin BROBY KRISTIANSEN, Krystyna POPOVA, Igor PRONOBIS, Séverin SCHNEPP, and Sabine Dorothea VOLK.
This year at the NY-NMUN 2018, the Natolin Team kept up with the outstanding trend of its previous performances by winning 7 "NMUN Awards":
- 1 "Distinguished Delegation Award" – awarded to the entire Delegation recognizing the excellent performance of all 14 students;
- 6 "Outstanding Position Paper Awards":
- Diana ENDELADZE and Séverin SCHNEPP in the Commission on the Status of Women;
- Nicolas HEGER and Igor PRONOBIS in the Economic and Social Council;
- Mikkel KELSTRUP and Sheradh MAHAROOF in the General Assembly Second Committee;
- Víctor CORVERA DESCALZO and Agnieszka LALIK in the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons;
- Kristina CHELMAKINA and Kevin BROBY KRISTIANSEN in the Peacebuilding Commission;
- Jakub KUBICA and Krystyna POPOVA in UNESCO.
This is the sixth consecutive success of the Natolin campus at the NMUN in New York City. Including this year's edition, the Natolin campus managed to bring home the impressive amount of 42 "NMUN Awards" in six consecutive years.
Regular news updates from New York were published on our Facebook page.