The College of Europe is looking for a Project Manager (M/F/X) to join its Executive Education, Training & Projects Office in Bruges, Belgium. The Office is the College of Europe’s main link for developing professional training courses, international projects and other professional services for the public and private sectors worldwide. For more information visit: Training & Projects | Coleurope
Description of the position:
The Project Manager will be responsible for initiating, negotiating and managing projects with international partners of the College of Europe. They will work in close cooperation with the rest of the team.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Finding new initiatives and opportunities for business development;
- Writing tender proposals and project applications;
- Implementing and coordinating projects and training courses and seminars (onsite in Bruges, Brussels and worldwide, and online);
- Liaising with experts, professors, trainers, participants and partners worldwide;
- Attending meetings and events (in Belgium, abroad and online);
- Budgeting and reporting.
- University degree (in European studies, law, economics, political science or international relations) and a postgraduate degree in EU affairs;
- Between 5 and 10 years of relevant professional experience in project management and training design and development;
- A very good understanding of the EU, its institutions and policies;
- Knowledge of and relevant experience with tendering procedures (in particular: leading the preparation of tenders for service contracts, technical assistance projects (DG INTPA), framework contracts, etc..) and project implementation;
- Strong experience in building and expanding networks of experts and partners;
- Fluent spoken and written English (candidates not complying with the requested level will not be considered); fluent spoken and written French; other languages are considered as an asset;
- Full computer literacy;
- Good analytical and organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail;
- Open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude.
An interesting and challenging full-time position in an attractive, multicultural and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to network with partner organisations all over the world and a competitive salary package including benefits.
The position of Project Manager is based in the College of Europe’s office in Bruges (Belgium). Teleworking will be possible in agreement with the head of service (up to two days per week). Regular presence in Brussels to meet partners and clients, organise events and project activities, as well as networking tasks will be encouraged (depending on COVID-19 restrictions).
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page). They should be sent by Sunday 7 August 2022 to the attention of Ms. Saskia Willems, to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Project Manager (EU Affairs)” in the subject line.
Early applications are highly encouraged. As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.