Taking stock of the tools, best practices and challenges in the field of migration and asylum in Europe
16 - 18 September 2024 / Bruges, Belgium
About the course
In the coming years, the European Union (institutions, Member States, national parliaments, EU agencies, regions, etc.) should mobilise its resources and have its legislative, diplomatic, financial, security and humanitarian instruments drive a global strategy.
To this end, for those working, researching or purely interested in this important policy, it is critical to review, extend and update the knowledge and understanding of the instruments, best practices and tools on the current European migration and asylum policy.
The programme, therefore, includes an overview of the main legal instruments for migration management at the EU level, as well as its main actors. Participants will understand and reflect upon implementation challenges that might arise when using these instruments at a national level.
Linking theory to immediate practice, this three-day seminar incorporates interactive presentations on the technical content, practical case studies in small groups and feedback sessions.
Which methodology is used?
During this online course, participants will be able to:
- See and interact with the trainers and their peers during the training sessions;
- Follow the lectures and presentations;
- Have access to collaborative whiteboards;
- Take part in different group activities;
- Consult training material and resources uploaded in advance.
All in all, it will create a unique virtual space for learning, networking and exchange.
The programme combines training sessions on both content and skills:
- Interactive training sessions presenting the latest developments on migration and asylum legislation;
- Case studies designed to better understand the function of the instruments put in place to face the current refugee crisis;
- Debates to promote experience sharing with lecturers and other participants.
About the course
Why this course?
Target groups & faculty