The College of Europe is the oldest and Europe’s most renowned institute of postgraduate studies and training in European affairs. It operates on two campuses, one in Bruges (Belgium) and one in Natolin (Warsaw, Poland).
The College of Europe in Natolin, with its postgraduate Master of Arts in European Interdisciplinary Studies, is at the cutting edge of the academic study of new developments in the EU and its neighbourhoods. It attracts students from all over Europe and beyond. Our mission is to provide graduates and young professionals with a wider perspective on Europe.
We are currently looking for Academic Assistants/Senior Academic Assistants to join the European Interdisciplinary Studies Department starting in August 2023.
About the job
We are seeking graduates who hold degrees in law, economics, energy studies, international relations, history, European studies, or political science, and who have experience studying or working in an international environment.
In this position, you will join a dynamic team of Academic Assistants and cooperate with distinguished academics, professionals, and a diverse, international student body. You will have the opportunity to work in an outstanding academic environment within a pleasant and stimulating international setting.
The most important tasks include:
- assisting professors with their teaching activities (e.g., gathering ECTS cards, research, compiling reading lists);
- organization and coordination of study visits, conferences, guest lectures etc.;
- providing academic support to students (e.g., giving tutorials, assisting the supervision of Master's theses, teaching);
- supporting and participating in academic extracurricular activities
- own research and academic writing.
- you should have a mention "very good" at Master’s level, PhD is considered an advantage;
- you should be fluent in English and French;
- you enjoy working as part of a team;
- you have exceptionally good organizational and time management skills;
- you are flexible, able to prioritize and organize your work (working hours can include evenings or weekends);
- you are interested in research and teaching;
- previous College of Europe experience is advantageous, but it is not a precondition.
About the position
- The position is full-time, based in Warsaw;
- We offer a one-year contract under Polish law, renewable.
Please send your application in English or French comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivation letter to Dr Joanna ZIÓŁKOWSKA, Head of Academic Operations at the EIS Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 14 June 2023 (23:59 CET). Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
Should you require any further information on the position of Academic Assistant, please contact Joanna ZIÓŁKOWSKA at email@example.com or our Academic Assistants at COE.Assistants.firstname.lastname@example.org.