Understanding the essentials of EU Trade Policy, WTO and the EU's trade agreements
16-19 October 2023 / Bruges, Belgium
The main purpose of the Trade Policy course is to ensure that participants are thoroughly acquainted with the main aspects of EU Trade law and policy, WTO-related issues, and the role played by the EU in the global trade arena.
In addressing the trade policy concerns of today’s professionals, the course provides as well with an updated analysis of the latest developments of EU’s trade negotiations with other large trading blocks, such as the USA and Canada for example, and of recent developments.
This four-day seminar gives a thorough and detailed introduction to trade law and policy and the WTO.
The course combines different learning approaches:
- Dynamic and interactive training sessions examining theoretical and practical aspects of trade policy and law;
- Exercises and case studies designed to challenge and develop essential analytical skills;
- Individual and collective feedback giving participants the opportunity to maximise their personal learning experience;
- Active debate among and between experts and participants;
- A practical course e-folder with material provided prior to the training, which include course information, outlines, handouts, key resources (readings, videos, etc.).