The 2023 edition of the Negotiations in Practice executive training course took place from 15 to 19 November 2023. The five-day training course aimed to furnish participants with a practical...
The course targets:
- National civil servants from EU member states involved in EU and other donor-funded interventions;
- Consultants , Project Managers and Programme Officers working in cooperation and development;
- Data managers and Science Officers seeking to broaden their knowledge in data collection and analysis and methodological approaches;
- Communication experts producing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data in their dissemination strategies;
- Universities, research centres, and think tanks;
- Implementing partners of EU-funded projects;
- Officials from the EU institutions;
- Other professionals and academics working in the management of EU-funded projects from both EU and non-EU countries.
Our former participants say:
“The trainers were brilliant and their style of interaction was great for the course, they are very knowledgeable. The College is very well located and the facilities are superb!”
– 2022 participant.
“The course enabled me to understand the importance of monitoring and evaluation and how to apply it in practice, which was possible thanks to the working groups. I now see myself able to design a logical framework, which is very necessary for my organization”
– 2021 participant.
“I am more aware of the M&E steps I need to follow in my daily work, of which applied processes are the most appropriate for each situation, of the possibilities for improvement, as well as of new tools that can be used”
– 2020 participant.
The course is designed for professionals with some relevant knowledge of Project Cycle Management and the Logical Framework Approach or who have participated in the EU Project Management course before.
The College of Europe reserves the right to select participants based on their academic and professional profile.
The sessions are delivered by high-level speakers from the expert network of the College of Europe, which comprises academics, practitioners, and project experts with a sound experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation of EU-funded projects.
Their extensive experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation strategies has not only contributed to the overall success of projects in different EU cooperation frameworks and delivery tools worldwide, but they are also a reference in in-house trainings for officials of funding agencies and International Organisations.
“Observers of development cooperation have often noted a tendency among aid organisations to spend considerable amounts of resources to design projects up to the point of perfection, with little attention given to how proper information can be collected on the measurement of progress and ultimate success. This why M&E systems are a crucial element (albeit only one in many) in the overall project cycle management, as they facilitate the regular, “live” tracking of progress along relevant and realistic metrics as well as assist in a robust, objective and structured assessment of results achieved with the view to learn and share feedback”
– Dr Nicolas MARCOUX, trainer.
Our trainers are looking forward to meeting you!