Course offered: EU Foreign Policy : Context and Priorities (30h)
Dr Giovanni Grevi is a senior fellow with the European Policy Centre (EPC) in Brussels. Before joining the EPC, he was the director of the Foundation for International Relations and External Dialogue (FRIDE). Previously, Giovanni served as a senior research fellow at the EU Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) and worked at the EPC as associate director of studies. He is currently a visiting lecturer at the College of Europe, Bruges, and at Sciences Po, Paris. He has been working and publishing extensively on EU foreign and security policy, strategic affairs, global governance, US foreign policy, foresight and EU politics. Giovanni holds an MSc in European Studies from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a PhD in International Relations from the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
Current position: Senior Fellow, European Policy Centre
Previous professional affiliations:
- FRIDE, director
- EU Institute for Security Studies, senior research fellow
- EPC, associate director of studies
- PhD, Université Libre de Bruxelles
- MSc, London School of Economics and Political Science
- International Law Degree, University of Pavia
Other professional activities: Visiting Lecturer, Sciences Po, Paris
Research interests: EU foreign and security policy, strategic affairs, global governance, US foreign policy, foresight and EU politics
- ‘Trump’s America: the ordinary superpower’, EPC Discussion Paper, June 2017
- ‘Lost in Transition? US foreign policy from Obama to Trump’, EPC Discussion Paper, December 2016
- ‘A Global Strategy for a soul-searching European Union’, EPC Discussion Paper, July 2016
- ‘The Atlantic Basin: an eclectic but convergent region?’, FRIDE Working paper, May 2015.
- ‘Challenges for European Foreign Policy 2015: How others deal with disorder’, FRIDE Book, January 2015 (co-edited with Daniel Keohane).
- ‘Challenges for European Foreign Policy in 2014: The EU’s extended neighbourhood’, FRIDE Book, January 2014 (co-edited with Daniel Keohane).
- ‘Empowering Europe’s Future: Governance, Power and Options for the EU in a Changing World’, Chatham House and FRIDE report for the European Strategy and Policy Analysis System (ESPAS), December 2013 (with Daniel Keohane, Bernice Lee and Patricia Lewis).
- ‘Challenges for European Foreign Policy in 2013: Renewing the EU’s role in the world’, FRIDE Book, January 2013 (co-edited with Daniel Keohane)