Course offered: EU Foreign Policy : Context and Priorities (30h)
Giovanni Grevi is a Senior Associate Fellow with the European Policy Centre (EPC), where he previously headed the Europe in the World programme, and with ISPI. He is a Visiting Professor at the College of Europe (Bruges), the Brussels School of Governance and Sciences Po, Paris (PSIA). Before joining the EPC in 2016, he was the Director of the Foundation for International Relations and External Dialogue (FRIDE). Previously, Giovanni served as a Senior Research Fellow at the EU Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) from 2005 to 2010 and worked at the EPC as Policy Analyst and Associate Director of Studies (1999-2005). He has developed innovative projects and published extensively on EU foreign and security policy, global governance, US foreign policy, foresight and EU politics and institutions. He holds an MSc in European Studies from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a PhD in International Relations from the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
Recent publications (selected):
- ‘Europe’s strategic autonomy and the partnership approach’ in G. Mueller-Brandeck-Bocquet, P. Gieg, T. Lowinger, M. Pietzko and A. Zuern (eds.) EU-India Relations – The Strategic Partnership in the light of the EU Global Strategy, Springer, 2021.
- ‘Fostering Europe’s strategic autonomy – A question of purpose and action’, EPC and KAS Policy paper, December 2020.
- ‘Fostering Europe’s strategic autonomy – Security and defence policy: time to deliver’, EPC and KAS Policy Paper, October 2020. (with Paul Ivan)
- ‘Differentiated Cooperation in European Foreign Policy: The Challenge of Coherence’, EU IDEA Policy Paper No.5, August 2020. (with Pol Morillas, Eduard Soler i Lecha, Marco Zeiss)
- ‘Strategic Autonomy for European choices: The key to Europe’s shaping power’, EPC Discussion paper, July 2019.
- ‘Diversity Management: Regionalism and the Future of the international Order’, The International Spectator, Vol. 53, Issue 1, 2018.
- ‘Trump’s America: the ordinary superpower’, EPC Discussion Paper, June 2017.
- ‘Lost in Transition? US foreign policy from Obama to Trump’, EPC Discussion Paper, December 2016.
- ‘A Global Strategy for a soul-searching European Union’, EPC Discussion Paper, July 2016.