Participants will be immersed in a three-day seminar on Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) delivered through lectures, exercises, simulations, case studies, briefings and discussions that confront practice with theory. It includes a comprehensive analysis of the crucial role of M&E for the success of a project and how it is applied in each of its phases.
More specifically, the programme offers a practical approach including the following modules:
- Principles and core concepts of M&E, including Results-Based Management and the Logical Framework Approach;
- Key tools for monitoring: indicators, sources of verification, data collection, as well as data management and reporting;
- Key tools for evaluation: types, assessment criteria and analysis, including evaluation policy, stakeholder interests and evaluation use;
- Step-by-step evaluation, working in small groups designing and managing an evaluation strategy through its different phases: from Terms of Reference to learning and dissemination.
This comprehensive 3-day programme will guide participants towards effective monitoring and evaluation of EU-funded projects, in particular, participants will:
- Undertake a thorough and detailed introduction to the principles of monitoring and evaluation of EU-funded projects;
- Analyse in a comprehensive way the crucial role of monitoring and evaluation for the success of a project and how it is applied in each of its phases;
- Gain a practical focus on the tools, actors, data collection and management of monitoring, as well as the roles and responsibilities of evaluation.
- Apply key monitoring practices and carry out effective reporting through the development of an Log Frame Matrix, the identification of appropriate indicators and the efficient and effective use of results;
- Set up a project-specific M&E system, identifying appropriate performance measures and achieved results.
For more details, you can download the programme for the June 2023 edition here.
Please note that this course can be tailored on demand for specific groups.