The Department of European Economic Studies of the College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium, is seeking applications to fill a vacancy for the position of Academic Assistant in its European Economic Studies programme (http://www.coleurope.eu/eco).
We are looking for graduates (five year Bachelor/Master’s or equivalent), with a solid background in Economics, and especially macroeconomics and advanced econometrics, and a considerable knowledge in European integration. The candidate should, moreover, possess:
- very good academic grades, equivalent to an overall average of at least 15/20 at the College of Europe,
- a very good command of English and French,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- good organisational skills,
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends).
- giving tutorials, assisting the supervision of MA theses, providing academic advice to students,
- being the link between professors and students,
- assisting professors (e.g. organisational back-up, research, compiling reading lists),
- organisation (e.g. departmental administration, study trip, guest lectures),
- research (the assistant is expected to produce at least one research paper during the academic year on a topic related to the economic analysis of EU policies or regulation).
The College offers:
- an excellent and stimulating academic setting,
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable,
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
E-mail applications Prof. Dumont, Director of the Department of European Economic Studies, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and the names of two academic referees (with affiliation, and email address) should be submitted by November 24 2023, to Mrs Eva vande Voorde (email@example.com).
Job reference: ECO-assistant
Should you require any further information on the position of academic assistant, please contact Academic Assistants
Mr Dmytro Kazakov (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr Colm Lavelle (email@example.com).