The College of Europe is seeking applications for the position of Academic Coordinator to be involved in the preparation and the roll-out of the second year of the Pilot Programme of the European Diplomatic Academy.
Short description of the project:
Following a tender procedure launched by European External Action Service, the College of Europe was awarded with a service contract to conduct the second phase of the pilot programme of a European Diplomatic Academy for young diplomats from Member States and EU officials. The College of Europe implemented the first year of the pilot programme in 2022-2023.
The College will deliver the following services:
- Design and implement two identical editions of a training programme on European Diplomacy and EU External Action for junior diplomats from Member States and EU officials. The first edition will be held from September 2023 to January 2024; the second edition will take place from February to June 2024.
- An “all-in-one” residential format for up to 45 participants per edition to study and live together. Participants will live in one of the residences of the College for the whole duration of the Programme.
- An established programme of exposure activities for participants in the form of study visits to EU and Member States institutions as well as other stakeholders involved in EU external action.
Description of the position:
The Academic Coordinator will support the running of the pilot programme. S/He will work in close cooperation with the core team of the project (Director of the Academy and Programme Coordinator).
His/her main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the finalisation of the academic arrangements for the roll-out of the pilot programme;
- Acting as the main point of contact to support lecturers. This includes preparing guidelines and briefings for lecturers on the contents of their modules and training approaches;
- Ensuring the coordination of lecturers to guarantee the overall consistency and coherence of the training programme;
- Reviewing the training material;
- Supporting lecturers in providing feedback to participants on their assignments (e.g., oral presentations, drafting of papers);
- Being the initial point of contact for the participants including for methodological guidance for their assignments;
- Designing with the core team the programme of study visits;
- Analysing the feedback from participants and lecturers and providing recommendations for improvement;
- Contributing to the regular feeding of the social media accounts of the programme with news and video material on the activities of the Academy;
- Coordinating the daily work of the two Project Assistants;
- Reporting to the Director and Programme Coordinator.
- A postgraduate degree in European studies, diplomacy, political science or international relations;
- A very good command of English; a good command of French and/or other languages, considered an asset; Full computer literacy;
- In-depth understanding of the external action of the EU and European Diplomacy;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Relevant experience in training design and development is considered a strong asset;
- Experience in communication (in particular social media management) as an asset;
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail;
- Result-oriented approach and a proactive and cooperative outlook;
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team member;
- Open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude.
An interesting and challenging full-time position for one year, with a possibility of renewal in an attractive, multicultural, and dynamic work environment, and a competitive salary package including benefits. The position would need to be filled in as soon as possible. The position of Academic Coordinator is based in the College of Europe’s office in Bruges (Belgium).
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page). They should be sent by Sunday 18 June 2023 (midnight) to the e-mail address: email@example.com, mentioning “Academic Coordinator – Pilot Programme European Diplomatic Academy” in the subject line.
Early applications are highly encouraged. As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.