On Wednesday, 01 February 2024, the Department of European Political and Governance Studies (POL) hosted the final conference of the Simulation Game, to which EU key players involved in the negotiations of the Green Claims Directive were invited.
Organized in the framework of the simulation exercise of the Department of European Political and Governance Studies, the event ended 3-week-long negotiations by the students and provided an opportunity to both test and present the outcome of the simulation to the policymakers involved in the real-life negotiations.
The keynote speech was given by Virginijus SINKEVIČIUS, Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries.
The panel of the conference was composed of the following speakers:
- Blanca Morales | Senior Sustainable Consumption Officer – BEUC
- Cyrus Engerer | Rapporteur – MEP S&D Group
- Emmanuelle Maire | Head of Unit – DG ENV
- José Manuel Argilés Marín | Counsellor for Consumer Affairs – PermRep of Spain to the EU
- Paolo FALCIONI | Director General – APPLiA
For more information, contact Sanae YOUBI or Eness CIUBANU
Photos from the event