In 2022, the College of Europe in Natolin has launched a new edition of courses in the framework of the European and Transnational Governance Network – ETGN, which is a training and development...
The participants, through a practical approach, will learn about:
- The European Union and international trade: the EU and its role and competencies in trade, bilateral trade agreements, and trade negotiations;
- The EU Trade law and its principles;
- The role of the WTO in the multilateral system, its functioning and the current situation;
- The Plurilateral Agreements and Bilateral agreements, including examples of bilateral trade agreements incurred by the EU will be analysed through case studies (JEEPA);The EU’s trade policies and aspirations in a geopolitical sense;
- The General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS), through practical exercises to gain understanding on the practical application of commitments on market access and national treatment;
- Recent developments affecting EU trade, such as the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) between the EU and UK.
For more details, the 2021 online programme can be downloaded here. The 2022 programme will follow shortly.
Please note that this course can be tailored on demand for specific groups.