The participants, through a practical approach, will learn about:
- The European Union and international trade: the EU and its role and competencies in trade, bilateral trade agreements, and trade negotiations;
- The EU Trade law and its principles;
- The role of the WTO in the multilateral system, its functioning and the current situation;
- The Plurilateral Agreements and Bilateral agreements, including examples of bilateral trade agreements incurred by the EU will be analysed through case studies (JEEPA);The EU’s trade policies and aspirations in a geopolitical sense;
- The General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS), through practical exercises to gain understanding on the practical application of commitments on market access and national treatment;
- Recent developments affecting EU trade
For more details, you can download the 2023 programme here.
Please note that this course can be tailored on demand for specific groups.