The College of Europe in Bruges is seeking candidates for the position of a full-time Information Officer (100% FTE) in the library.
The library supports the teaching and research activities of the College of Europe, a postgraduate institution specializing in European studies.
- at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably with 1-2 years of professional experience in information management; experience in the library sector is an asset;
- a good command of Dutch and English and at least basic knowledge of French (both oral and written);
- strong digital skills (Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams and Outlook), some familiarity with data modelling, SaaS solutions, open data and standards is recommended;
- very good analytical and organisational skills;
- ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- a high degree of flexibility;
- a proactive and communicative attitude;
- preferably some familiarity with the College of Europe.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- provide administrative and organisational support in the library;
- man the library desk at regular intervals on a rotating basis (sporadically in the evening or on Saturdays);
- act as a first point of contact for records and information management;
- develop a policy for creating and organizing digital and analogue documents;
- create and implement a records retention schedule;
- draw up guidelines for records and document management, as well as suggestions and improvement initiatives;
- implement a records management system, in cooperation with the head of service;
- organise information sessions and enthusiastically explain the importance of digital case-oriented working to your colleagues;
- collaborate with the ICT Service, Academic Departments and other services within the College;
- build expertise and follow current developments in related fields (ICT, information management, privacy legislation, copyright);
- perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic and professional environment in a pleasant, international working environment;
- an employment contract under Belgian labour law;
- competitive remuneration;
- a comprehensive benefits package including mandatory holiday pay and end-of-year bonus, meal vouchers, transport allowance, teleworking allowance, hospitalization insurance and a supplementary pension scheme;
- legal holidays plus 8 closing days during winter break, and 2 additional holidays (9 May and 11 July).
The successful candidate should preferably be available on 1 October 2023.
How to apply?
Please send your application in Dutch and/or English with a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivation letter to Isabelle Hillewaere, Director HR, Europacollege, Dijver 11, BE-8000 Bruges, (email@example.com) in a single PDF file by e-mail before 11 September 2023.
Initial selection will be based on CV and cover letter. Selected applicants will receive a home assignment and be invited for an interview afterwards.
For more information about the position of Information Officer, please contact Roselien Van Loocke, Library Director (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information on the contract and remuneration conditions, please contact Isabelle Hillewaere, Director HR. (email@example.com).
By applying, you consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of recruitment and the specific job you are applying for. All information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and in accordance with current data processing regulations. For more information on how we use the information you provide and how to exercise your rights, please see our recruitment privacy notice (https://www.coleurope.eu/privacy)