On 6 April 2022, the Department of EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies (IRD) of the College of Europe organised a roundtable bringing together former IRD students who, in various professional capacities, work on different aspects of the European Green Deal.
The College was pleased to welcome back the following IRD alumni as participants in the roundtable, chaired by Prof. Simon SCHUNZ, Permanent Professor in the IRD Department:
- Ignacio ARRÓNIZ VELASCO, Researcher on Trade & Climate, Clean Economy Programme, E3G, Brussels
- Ioana BERE, Consultant, Stefan Scheuer Environmental & Energy Policies, Brussels
- Bram DE BOTSELIER, Policy Officer, Flemish Energy and Climate Agency, Brussels
- Steffen ENGLING, Adviser for Climate Policy, Business Europe, Brussels
- Camille LOTH, Policy and Project Manager, Mediterranean Marine Initiative, WWF, Paris
By sharing the experience of their current professional activities, especially their work on key dossiers related to the European Green Deal – from the EU’s Biodiversity Strategy, Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism, chemicals policies to the EU’s Emissions Trading System and other aspects of the ‘Fit for 55’ package –, the young professionals were able to offer valuable career advice to the current generation of College students.