The Department of European Political and Governance Studies at the College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium, is seeking applications for the position of Academic Assistant with a starting date as soon as possible in January 2022.
We are looking for candidates, preferably with a measure of College of Europe experience, with:
- a Master’s degree in EU studies with an excellent average grade (at least 15 out of 20),
- a very good command of English and French (written and oral),
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- good organisational skills, and
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours include evenings or weekends).
- assisting the professors (e.g. organisational back-up, compiling reading lists),
- teaching (e.g. giving tutorials, assisting in the supervision of Master’s theses, providing academic advice to students),
- departmental administration (e.g. study trip, guest lectures, exams, selection of new students), and
- own research and academic writing.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting,
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable,
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
The successful candidate will be available to carry out his/her duties in Bruges, with limited homeworking possibilities (according to the College of Europe’s policy and the sanitary rules in force).
E-mail applications either in English or French comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a lettre de motivation should be submitted by 26 December to the email address below. Early applications are highly encouraged. As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Professor Olivier Costa,
Department of European Political and Governance Studies
College of Europe
Should you require any further information, please contact Professor Michele Chang or one of the current Assistants in the Department via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on the salary, please contact Mrs Isabelle Hillewaere ( ).
The POL Department values gender balance among its staff
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.