The College of Europe Development Office is glad to present the series of briefs prepared in the framework of the first El-Hiwar Summer School on Euro-Arab Relations which took place from 15 to 19 July 2019.
Participants were encouraged to and trained in the drafting of briefs on a topic of relevance for the future of Euro-Arab relations, focussing on concrete ways to strengthen the Euro-Arab dialogue and cooperation.
The full series can be found below:
- Deepening the Euro-Arab Trade and Sustainable Development Goals, Chahir Zaki, February 2020
- Women's effective inclusion in peace processes as an indispensable tool to achieve a long-lasting peace: The case of the challenges for achieving gender equality at the Syria Peace talks, Dr. Ana B. Perianes, February 2020
- The relevance of International Water Law to the good governance of transboundary water resources in the Arab Region, Imad Antoine Ibrahim, February 2020
- Partnering for Migration across the Mediterranean: The way forward, Clara Alberola, February 2020
- Old tools for new realities: EU Special Representatives as foreign policy tools in Euro-Arab security dialogue, Sharon Lecocq, January 2020
El-Hiwar II: Training and Information Course on Euro-Arab Diplomacy, is a project funded by European Commission DG NEAR and implemented by the College of Europe. It is conceived as a dialogue tool for the EU and the LAS to support strengthened work relations and to learn about each other's functioning, mechanisms and policies.
Should you need any further information do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the project here: www.coleurope.eu/elhiwarii
This project is funded by the European Union.