Participants will be immersed in a five-day seminar on EU project management delivered through lectures, exercises, simulations, case studies, briefings and discussions that confront practice with theory.
The course makes extensive use of examples from EU external cooperation projects; however, the emphasis is on understanding concepts and tools that can be applied to projects from a wide variety of funding systems.
More specifically, the programme offers a practical approach that includes the following modules:
Interactive training sessions:
- Theory and practice of project design and management;
- Fundamental concepts of EU project management, the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF) and the main EU funding programmes and instruments;
- Key stages of project design;
- Budgeting project expenditure;
- Project monitoring and evaluation;
- Understanding the rules, procedures and contractual obligations of EU-funded projects.
Case studies and simulations; all practice-oriented sessions aimed to identify, develop and practice project management skills:
- Identifying a funding opportunity relevant to their project;
- Designing a project (identifying beneficiaries, stakeholder analysis, problem analysis, activity planning, results chain, defining assumptions and risks and preparing a Logframe matrix - also with reference to OPSYS);
- Drafting a winning project proposal;
- Implementing, monitoring and evaluating EU-funded projects;
- Budgeting and financial management of project expenditure.
Practical exercises: Participants will practice tools and techniques. Under the guidance of experienced trainers, they will be confronted with different exercises that will help them better understand the challenges of proposal writing and project implementation. At the end of each exercise, the results of the working groups will be presented in a feedback session. Collective feedback is a key part of the exercise and gives participants the opportunity to maximise their personal learning experience.
For more details, you can download the May-June 2023 edition programme here
For more details, you can download the November 2023 online edition programme here
For more details, you can download the January 2024 online extra edition programme here
Please note that this course can be tailor made on demand for specific groups.