العربية - Download
12-16 July 2021 ǀ Online
Exploring Innovative Ideas to Bring European and Arab Citizens Closer
The College of Europe is pleased to organise, in the framework of the EU-funded project El-Hiwar II, its second Summer School on Euro-Arab Relations. This year’s edition will focus on people-to-people matters and will take place online from 12 to 16 of July.
What is El-Hiwar?
The objective of this project is to strengthen dialogue, cooperation and collaboration with key regional actors involved in Euro-Arab relations, through a number of activities including institutional training courses, briefings, sectorial trainings and policy dialogues.
What is the El-Hiwar Summer School?
5 days to enhance knowledge of Euro-Arab relations, strengthen skills and explore avenues to improve people-to-people relations.
The programme will combine different formats in order to maximise the learning potential:
- Live interactive lectures;
- Dedicated workshops focussing on skills;
- “Meet the officials” sessions, replicating in an online format institutional study visits;
- “Ideas lab” sessions during which participants will reflect, brainstorm and exchange ideas;
- Social activities and opportunities to expand your professional network.
A maximum of 20 participants will be selected through this call for applications to join the Summer School.
The language of the course is English (Minimum requirement: Level B2).
What topics will the Summer School cover? Why a focus on people-to-people matters?
Throughout the implementation of the El-Hiwar project, stakeholders have frequently highlighted the importance of bringing citizens closer and bringing down stereotypes to support and develop Euro-Arab relations.
The programme will focus on:
- People-to-people relations in the wider framework of Euro-Arab relations;
- Euro-Arab cultural relations;
- Challenges and opportunities for youth in both regions;
- Migration and mobility between both regions;
- Skills-oriented modules: fundraising, drafting policy briefs, intercultural skills and communicating with impact.
For more details, you can download the programme here!
Why should I participate?
Learn, connect, network, and make your voice heard by contributing to the discussion on Euro-Arab relations!
Throughout the Summer School, you will have the opportunity to be supported by high-level experts to design, develop and advocate for your ideas. Also, because one of the objectives of the Summer School is to explore concrete actions that could strengthen Euro-Arab relations, participants will be required to draft a short brief or project proposal. Even if the Summer School does not foresee the provision of funding for such proposals, it will provide hands-on training on fundraising and pitching skills and project design capacities to participants. Furthermore, a selection of briefs will be collected, edited, published and disseminated online after the Summer School. Take a look at last edition’s briefs here!
Do I qualify?
- You are an agent of change with a sense of leadership and a desire to contribute to Euro-Arab dialogue;
- You are a citizen of a member state of the League of Arab States or of the European Union;
- You have at least 3 years of experience and work for a civil society organisation, think tank, for the EU, the LAS or academia in areas that are relevant to the Euro-Arab dialogue;
- You have at least 1 year of professional experience in drafting research papers or in implementing projects in areas related to people-to-people matters (e.g. gender, education, culture, migration, mobility, intercultural matters, etc.);
- You are ready to draft a short brief or project proposal putting forward a concrete idea that could strengthen Euro-Arab dialogue;
- You have a good command of English.
How can I apply?
The application deadline is 27 May 2021 23:59:59 (CET: Central European Time). The call for applications is now closed.
- Only fully completed applications will be taken into account (please make sure to submit all the requested information and documents);
- Applications must be submitted in English or be accompanied by an English translation – documents or information provided in any other language will not be taken into account;
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered;
- Due to the high number of applications, only selected candidates and those on the reserve list will be notified;
- Selected participants will be sponsored by the project to attend this online Summer School free of charge (the tuition fee, training material, online learning tools will be provided by the project). To join the event, selected participants will need a laptop or computer, a webcam, a microphone and a stable internet connection (the project will not provide such equipment nor a compensation). The project will not be held responsible should participants face technical issues beyond its direct control.
Thank you very much for your interest. We wish you all the best with your application! Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.