Understanding the Fit for 55 package under the European Green Deal
11 - 15 July 2022 / Bruges and Brussels
This course provides participants with the key tools to understand and learn about the fundamental pillars of the EU Energy policy, from its governance and internal elements, to its global and multi-sectoral dimension. It identifies the key Energy components in the European Green Deal, the latest applicable legislation derived from the Fit for 55 package, the obligations for public administrations and private actors, as well as the funding instruments to achieve a transition based in Research & Innovation.
The course combines different learning approaches:
- Interactive training sessions examining theoretical and practical aspects of EU Energy Policy and the Fit for 55 package under the European Green Deal;
- Case study: designed to present and develop the impact of EU Energy policies on the private sector and discuss current issues;
- Study visits: to learn directly from EU officials;
- A panel debate with high-level speakers;
- Active debates between trainers and participants
Why this course?
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Update and improve their knowledge and understanding of the EU energy policy, its Governance, Goals, Challenges and the EU Energy Market;
- Be aware of how the European Green Deal is being delivered and what are the latest legislative developments of the Fit for 55 package;
- Explore the links between energy policy, climate policy, research & innovation strategies, and funding instruments;
- Analyse the external challenges of EU energy policy as well as the EU's efforts to promote the Green Deal across its borders;
- Go on a study visit to Brussels and discuss the challenges and future of EU energy, climate, and related policies with high-level EU officials;
- Learn in a multicultural environment;
- Extend their personal and professional networks;
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.