The College of Europe (Bruges campus) is seeking applications for the position of a part-time Academic Coordinator (25-50%) for the European General Studies (https://www.coleurope.eu/eg), starting as soon as possible.
Essential requirements are:
- a Ph.D. in Social Sciences, History, Economics or Law with an excellent result,
- a proven interest in (inter- and transdisciplinary) European Studies, demonstrated by a list of publications,
- university-level teaching experience,
- an excellent command of French and English,
- good organisational skills and a high measure of flexibility.
- coordinating, in close cooperation with the Directors of the European Economic, Legal and Political and Governance Studies, the reorganisation of the European General Studies’ course programme (before the start of the academic year 2021-22 in September),
- taking responsibility for the management and continuous quality assurance of the European General Studies’ course programme,
- coordinating the work of a small team of two part-time Academic Assistants and a part-time secretary,
- teaching one European General Studies course in the first or second semester,
- occasionally organising lectures and/or round-tables in the framework of the European General Studies,
- research and publications in the field of European Studies,
- ensuring, on average, a presence of at least one or two days per week in Bruges (depending on the part-time arrangement).
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting,
- a stimulating and international working environment,
- a three-year contract under Belgian law, renewable, and
- remuneration in relation to qualification and experience of the successful candidate.
Mail or e-mail applications, either in English or French, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, transcripts, a list of publications and courses taught as well as a letter of motivation and contact details of two references should be submitted at the latest by 15 March 2021 to
College of Europe
Dijver 11, 8000 Bruges
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview (taking place in early April). Should you require any further information on the tasks, please contact the Rector’s Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information on the contract conditions, please contact Ms Isabelle Hillewaere (email@example.com).