The Department of European Legal Studies and the European Economics Studies are seeking applications for the position of academic assistant for the forthcoming Academic Year 2014-15 with a starting date of 18th August 2014 at the latest.
We are looking for graduates, preferably candidates with a measure of College of Europe experience, with
- Master’s degree in economics with a strong background in law, OR
- Master’s degree in law with a strong background in economics, OR
- Master’s degree in both law and economics.
- sound knowledge in the field of EU-regulation, including questions of EU liberalisation of network industries and/or EU competition policy,
- an overall average of at least 15/20, or a comparable excellent grade point average and/or academic curriculum in your own graduate or postgraduate studies,
- a very good command of English and French,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- good organisational skills and
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends),
- availability to start on 18th August 2014.
Tasks include :
- assisting the professors (e.g. organisational back-up, compiling reading lists),
- teaching (e.g. giving tutorials, assisting in the supervision of Master’s theses, providing academic advice to students),
- departmental administration (e.g. study trip, guest lectures), and
- preparing course material,
- organising and participating in conferences and seminars,
- undertaking research as a member of a group,
- and whatever you would like to contribute to ELEA
The College offers
- an excellent academic setting,
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable,
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
The successful applicant is expected to live in Bruges.
Applications comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivation letter should be submitted by 30 May 2014 to
Prof. Dr. I. Govaere,
Director, Department of European Legal Studies, College of Europe,
BE - 8000 Brugge
Prof. Dr. Ph. Nicolaides,
Director, Department of European Economic Studies,
College of Europe,
BE – 8000 Brugge
Should you require any further information on the position of academic assistant, please contact the current ELEA-Assistant Kletia Noti (firstname.lastname@example.org).