The College of Europe (Bruges campus) is seeking applications for the position of a part-time Professor in the Department of European Economic Studies (www.coleurope.eu/eco), starting on 1 September 2021.
Essential requirements are
- a Ph.D. in (Applied European) Economics,
- a proven interest in European economic integration, demonstrated by publications in refereed journals,
- University-level teaching experience,
- a very good command of English and possibly French,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- good organisational skills and a high measure of flexibility.
- teaching one Master’s level course, including the supervision of Master's theses,
- assisting the Director of the Department in leading and supervising a team of assistants and in the management of the study programme, the organisation of conferences and departmental publications,
- supporting students of the Department in their applied quantitative work, and
- research and publications in economics.
The College offers
- an excellent academic setting,
- the possibility of teaching and interacting with high-level graduate students,
- a stimulating and international working environment,
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable,
- and remuneration in relation to qualification and experience.
Applications per e-mail, either in English or French, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a list of publications and courses taught as well as a letter of motivation and the contact details of two referees, should be submitted at the latest by 26 April 2021 to
Att. Ms Federica Mogherini
College of Europe
Dijver 11, BE-8000 Bruges
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview in May. Should you require any further information, please contact the Director of the Economics Department, Pr. Dr. B. Dumont (email@example.com)