The College of Europe (Bruges campus) is seeking applications for the position of a Professor (between 50% and 100%) in the Department of European Economic Studies (www.coleurope.eu/eco), starting in September 2020.
Essential requirements are
- a Ph.D. in Economics with a strong background in quantitative methods,
- a proven interest in European economic integration, demonstrated by publications in refereed journals,
- University-level teaching experience,
- a very good command of English and French,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- good organisational skills and a high measure of flexibility.
- teaching at least two Master’s level courses, notably applied econometrics and macroeconomic policy with an EU focus, including the supervision of Master's theses,
- assisting the Director of the Department in leading and supervising a team of assistants and in the management of the study programme, the organisation of conferences and departmental publications,
- supporting students of the Department in their applied econometric work, and
- research and publications in economics.
The College offers
- an excellent academic setting,
- the possibility of teaching and interacting with high-level graduate students,
- a stimulating and international working environment,
- a four-year contract under Belgian law, renewable.
- and remuneration in relation to qualification and experience.
Applications per e-mail, either in English or French, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, transcripts, a list of publications and courses taught as well as a letter of motivation and the contact details of two referees should be submitted at the latest by 31 March 2020 to
Professor Jörg Monar
College of Europe
Dijver 11, BE-8000 Bruges
via e-mail: email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. Should you require any further information, please contact the Director of the Economics Department, Professor B. Dumont. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The candidates for the post of permanent Professors at the CoE will be informed about the status of their application on April 3. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in Brugge on April 24